Friday, March 18, 2011

Awesome things my kids say

Sarah (grade 1): Teachah, I am pretty??
Me (truthfully): Yes, you're very pretty.
Sarah (with a twinkle in her eye, and exaggeratedly flipping her hair over her shoulder): I am prettier than you one hundred.


While making a list of "living things" on the whiteboard...
Daniel (grade 1): Jesus!
YEAH kid, you know it!! :)

Sarah: Teacher I love you! I want to marry with you!
(just moments after having said...)
Sarah: I love coffee!  I want to marry with coffee!
This kid expresses her affections with vehemence :)

On cross-cultural marriages, and why it's not good for a Korean to marry a North American...
Claire (grade 1): Because then he will have to speak English ALL the time!

Tina (grade 6): Teacher are you married?
Me: No.
Tina: How old are you?
Me: 25 in Korean age...
Tina: That young?!

Julia (grade 3), coming into my classroom after I'd just finished giving two of my worst-behaved students a good talking to: "Ah, you looks mad today."

Julia, attempting to draw a picture of me on the whiteboard and getting mildly frustrated: "Ahh, I don't know how to draw your eyes!" *comes and peers into my face trying to figure out Caucasian eyes*

(Grade 2)
Eddie: I'm sleepy!
Me: Me too!
Elly: I think Ms. Ginny is more tired than Eddie because teach many students.
Candy: But on Saturday, Sunday, Ms. Ginny is just sleep and play and Eddie is study...


Edison (grade 3), looking at a photo of me and Flannery: "Teacher, I cannot tell who is you... very very same."
Edison revisiting the same topic two days later: "Teacher when we don't do a homework... your sister's face same as that face! Very very same!"
Haha apparently when I'm disappointed in a student I look like Flannery? LoL

Me: Remember, every sentence needs a dot at the end...
Kindergarten kid (with mild scorn): Period! Not dot!

2 comments:

  1. Coffee is quite impressive I don't think the fact she proposed to both you and a cup of coffee diminishes the significance of either.

    ReplyDelete