Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pomp & Circumstance

Last Thursday we had the graduation ceremony for BIS kindergarteners from the Seocho, Daechi and Bundang campuses.  (Ours is the Bundang campus.)  It was a lot of fun and our kids did such a great job.  We all agreed that their speech and song/dance were the best of the three.  I was so proud of how well they did - even though I didn't teach them any of it (although I did help them practice their speech once for like half an hour, haha.)   Ms. Flora did such a good job with teaching them - she's the Korean Kindergarten teacher who teaches "musical" and she's so good with them.  She's the one who took me to the hospital for my health check and I like her a lot.  She's a very sweet, kind and helpful lady and she had the kids really well trained - considering how young they are, their dancing was quite well coordinated and they were very unified in their speech (and relatively clear too, for little kids learning English as a foreign language.)  The other thing we teachers all agreed on was that our kids were by far the cutest... I don't know if it's just because we know and love them but they definitely seemed about 3 times as cute as any of the others!

Near the end of the ceremony they told us we would have to go up and stand on stage with the kids.  Kristal asked if we were going to have to sing and they said no, just bow.  However, when we got up there we found out that they were indeed announcing that we would sing "Tomorrow" along with the kids.  Since no one had told us this beforehand, none of us knew all the words to it and so I'm sure we looked like really good English teachers mumbling away in the back row as our kids belted it out and their parents all crowded up close to the stage to take videos... hahahaaa.  The silly thing was that if they had just TOLD us we were going to have to sing, we could have brought out programs on stage with us so we could read the words, or at least could have read through them before coming up.  Haha.  Oh well, I belted out the parts that I did know and found myself laughing as that song always makes me think of Andrea Martin singing it in a smoker voice on SCTV. :P

It was so cute to see all the kids with their proud parents and siblings.  I took lots of pics and videos of the ceremony which are posted on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment